What Are Hopper Windows?
Hopper windows tend to be smaller windows used to cycle in fresh air from outside and to allow some sunlight to come into the home. They are unique in that they open downward and inward. This means that when you open the window, whether it’s via a crank or by the hinges, the top of the window leans inward. These windows have been popular since the 19th century and are commonly found in Victorian homes. Homeowners still favor hopper windows in areas like the basement, laundry room, and bathrooms.
The Benefits of a Hopper Window
- Hopper windows don’t require much space to be installed. Hopper windows are fantastic for areas of the home where there’s not a lot of space for a window, such as a basement or a smaller bathroom, since hopper windows are relatively small and don’t require a lot of room to function.
- Hopper windows are energy efficient. Hopper windows are installed in a similar fashion as casement windows and newer awning window models. This means that when they are closed, they press against the frame, creating a more effective seal. During the colder months of the year, you’ll find that the heat your home produces won’t escape through your hopper windows and cold air won’t infiltrate (as long as the glass is energy efficient as well, of course).
- Hopper windows are secure. Although hopper windows aren’t that difficult to open, they are difficult to use as an entrance since they are small. This means that hopper windows do not present much of a security threat.
- Hopper windows help reduce humidity. Hopper windows are perfect for areas of the home that generate a lot of humidity, such as the bathroom. Opening a hopper window allows you to ventilate the space, thereby preventing mold and mildew growth.
- Hopper windows keep debris out. Because of the way hopper windows open up, you won’t have to worry about debris flying into your home when you’re trying to let fresh air inside.
For more information about installing hopper windows in your home or for information regarding the best replacement windows for you, contact us at Armorvue Home Exteriors today.
Our Commitment to Excellence
Armorvue Windows are proudly made in the USA. We stand by our products and Armrovue windows come with a limited LIFETIME transferrable warranty.
“We have saved 25% on our energy bill per month since installing windows, which blew my mind.”
Our Consultation Process
1. Schedule Appointment
Submit an estimate form or give us a call to schedule a free estimate.
2. Project Consultation
You’ll meet with an Armorvue specialist to discuss the products and designs that are best for your home.
3. Pre-Install Inspection
Our measurement technician will visit your home before your project begins to ensure your installation is a success.
Our licensed technicians will expertly install your project so you can enjoy your investment for years to come.
Your satisfaction is our guarantee and that’s why we’re proud to offer our customers a true, transferrable lifetime warranty.
Schedule Your FREE In-home Estimate!
Let’s take the next step and schedule your free no-obligation in-home estimate today!