A New Front Door Adds Dimension to Your Curb Appeal
Changing out your old front door may be a practical move as far as function and security, but it adds instant curb-appeal too. It is a simple step that can make a big impact. In fact, an entry door replacement is one of the most prominent, cost-effective, and easiest improvements you can make to your home.
Your front door is the focal point of the exterior of your home. It should be as warm and inviting as the people who live behind it. There are many styles to choose from, so finding one that fits your aesthetic shouldn’t be difficult.
Common door styles include:
- Traditional – Classic-style doors that often feature raised panels and may also include glass inserts.
- Craftsman – Doors that often feature straight lines with a Shaker-inspired look and may feature a glass window at the top.
- Modern – Minimalist-style doors with straight, sleek lines and hardware.
- Rustic – Doors most often made of thick wood and oversized hardware.
The door you choose should harmonize with the style and color of your home.
Your personal taste isn’t limited to the style of door you choose for your home, but also the material it is made of. Most exterior door material choices fall into four categories.
- Wood – Wood is a popular choice for doors due to their natural look. The wide variety of woods to choose from pair them well with most home styles. However, they tend to be pricey and high maintenance. They don’t always stand-up well to midwestern winters.
- Fiberglass – Fiberglass doors can give you the look of wood without the maintenance and high price tag. They are also long-lasting and withstand rusting.
- Steel – Steel doors are often budget-friendly and provide energy efficiency along with style.
- Glass – Glass doors give you access to lots of natural light and a view of the outdoors. But they can also be prone to cracks and lack privacy.
Color should always be considered with an entry door replacement. Choose a color that either contrasts or coordinates with your shutters, siding, and trim depending on the impact you desire. Simply choosing a great color can do a lot to change the look of your entire home.
You may not see all of the details from the street, but the hardware you choose will make a difference close up. Choose your accessories, like handles, hinges, kick-plates, and doorknockers carefully. You can do with brass, gold, silver, or black tones. You may even consider non-traditional colors. Accessories are tiny adornments that can make a huge impact of reflecting your personal style without breaking your budget.
Ask the Experts
One of the fastest and simplest home improvements you can make is upgrading your home’s front door. However, choosing and installing a new door may not be as easy as it sounds. If you are considering investing in a new door, you will want to consult an expert.
Armorvue Home Exteriors is dedicated to providing the highest quality home exterior products on the market along with the best customer service. We can guide you through your entry door options and help you determine the best choice based on your budget. Let us take the stress out of sprucing up your home. Contact Armorvue for a free estimate on your entry door replacement project today.
“I was in the market for an enclosed sunroom to be added to my home. I met with 4 different companies and traveled to two of the manufacturing facilities to do my research. In the end, I decided on Armorvue who uses Joyce Manufacturing, an Ohio based company. Armorvue was not the cheapest bid nor […]
Schedule Your FREE In-home Estimate!
Let’s take the next step and schedule your free no-obligation in-home estimate today!